Course Leader: Miss Katie Wainwright
Primary Teacher and English Consultant
Katie is an experienced teacher and English Lead, currently focussing on writing. Throughout this role, she has supported many schools with their writing journey on a one-to-one basis and now runs online courses to reach a wider audience. She currently teaches Year One, works as a Key Stage One Moderator and has also had experience with Key Stage Two Moderation. ‘The Teach Hub’ provides a host of tried and tested resources to support each delivered course.
Overview of training:
A clear, supportive course outlining the key guidance for the administration of the Phonics Screening Check in 2024. The training will ensure that all delegates are aware of their part in the Phonic Screening test, in line with the ARA and test administration guidance, and how best to support and prepare pupils. Time will be taken to look at classroom practice and a range of activities that have proven to engage pupils to ensure that reading remains for pleasure and meaning.
- The expectations for all parties involved with the Phonic Screening Check.
- An overview of the test with past examples.
- Support on preparing pupils for the test with example sessions and resources.
- A discussion into how the test may look on the day for all parties involved.
- Explore common misconceptions of the Phonics Screening Check.
A school invoice option is available at the checkout if this is your preferred method of payment. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.