This informative and practical course is designed to support Year 3 and 4 teachers, Year 3 and 4 Phase Leaders, HLTAs and teaching assistants.
The aim is to provide staff with guidance about how to ensure children achieve age-related and greater depth expectations. The training will give a range of practical activities and resources to take away to enhance the teaching and learning of writing.
This course is led by Jenni Sadler – Jen is an experienced teacher, who has taught in both Key Stage 1 and 2. Currently, she is Lead Practitioner, leading CPD and support for recently qualified teachers and ECTs. Jen currently teaches part-time in Key Stage Two and also leads an English team across her own school. She has written English resources for The Teach Hub and delivers training alongside Claire Hubbard.
- Planning the Y3 and 4 writing curriculum in line with the National Curriculum expectations
- How to achieve age-related expectations in Y3 and 4
- How to achieve greater depth expectations in Y3 and 4
- Information about high-quality texts to use to support the teaching of writing
- Guidance about effective teaching and learning strategies
We have included resources, including some from other websites/authors, to support the teaching of reading. These resources have been found useful by teachers on our training courses and all authors are all acknowledged as far as possible.
Discounts can be given via school invoice for bookings of 5+.Please email: email@example.com.